Bolwarra County is a rural community in Mareeba Shire, Queensland, Australia. It’s in the Atherton Tablelands, about 100 kilometres southwest of Cairns.
The county has a total area of 1,558 square kilometres and a population of 0 people according to the 2016 census.
Bolwarra County has a varied landscape that includes rainforests, woodlands, and grasslands.
The Atherton Tablelands is a volcanic region, and Mount Hypipamee Crater and Mount Surprise are two extinct volcanoes in Bolwarra County.
There are several rivers and creeks in the county, including the Barron River, the Walsh River, and the Mareeba Creek.
With over 300 species of birds recorded in the area, Bolwarra County is a popular destination for birdwatchers.
Kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, and echidnas are among the other animals found in the county.
Agriculture is the primary economic activity in Bolwarra County.
The county is known for its coffee, avocados, and mangoes. Cattle grazing and dairy farming are two other agricultural activities.
Bolwarra County is a rural community with few tourist attractions.
Visitors can, however, enjoy a variety of activities in the county, such as hiking, camping, fishing, and birdwatching.
Things to do in Bolwarra County
- Visit the Mount Hypipamee Crater: Mount Hypipamee Crater is a popular tourist destination that is an extinct volcano.Visitors can walk to the crater’s summit for breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
- Explore the Barron Gorge National Park: The Barron Gorge National Park is a beautiful rainforest park with waterfalls, swimming holes, and walking trails that are home to a variety of wildlife.
- Visit the Walsh River National Park: Walsh River National Park is a large park with a diverse range of wildlife, including kangaroos, wallabies, and koalas.In addition, visitors can go fishing, swimming, and camping in the park.
- Visit the Mareeba Wetlands: The Ramsar-listed Mareeba Wetlands are home to a variety of birds and other wildlife.In the wetlands, visitors can go birdwatching, walking, and cycling.
- Visit the Atherton Tablelands Coffee Trail: The Atherton Tablelands Coffee Trail is a self-guided tour that takes visitors to some of the best coffee plantations and roasters in the region.Visitors can learn about the coffee growing process and sample some of the delicious coffee produced in the region.
Bolwarra County is a beautiful and diverse region that provides visitors with a variety of activities. Bolwarra County has something for everyone, whether you enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, birdwatching, or simply relaxing in a beautiful natural setting.