Belmore County is a local government area in Queensland’s Darling Downs region. It is roughly 200 kilometres west of Brisbane, the state capital.
The county takes its name from the Earl of Belmore, who served as Governor of New South Wales from 1868 to 1872.
Belmore County, with a population of just over 7,000 people, is primarily rural. Agriculture, mining, and tourism are the county’s main industries.
A number of large-scale agricultural operations, such as cattle, sheep, and grain farms, are located in the county. Belmore County is also a major coal and mineral producer.
Belmore County has grown in popularity among tourists in recent years.
The Condamine River, the Bunya Mountains, and Crows Nest National Park are among the county’s natural attractions.
Warwick, Stanthorpe, and Inglewood are just a few of the county’s historic towns and villages.
Things to do in Belmore County
- Visit the Condamine River: The Condamine River is the county’s longest river. It is a popular swimming, fishing, and canoeing spot.
- Hike the Bunya Mountains: The Bunya Mountains are a range of mountains located in the south-eastern corner of Belmore County. The mountains are home to a number of hiking trails, which offer stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
- Explore the Crows Nest National Park: Crows Nest National Park is a national park in Belmore County’s northwestern corner. Kangaroos, koalas, and echidnas are among the animals that live in the park.
- Visit the Warwick Museum: The Warwick Museum is a museum in Warwick, England. The museum houses a collection of artefacts and exhibits that tell the story of Belmore County’s history.
- Visit the Stanthorpe Wine Trail: The Stanthorpe Wine Trail is a collection of wineries in Stanthorpe. Tastings and tours of the wineries’ facilities are available.
- Visit the Inglewood Pottery Trail: The Inglewood Pottery Trail is a collection of pottery studios in Inglewood. The studios allow visitors to learn about the art of pottery and purchase handcrafted pottery items.
Belmore County is a hidden gem of the Sunshine State. It is a beautiful and diverse region with something to offer everyone.
Whether you are interested in history, nature, food, or wine, you are sure to find something to enjoy in Belmore County.